- During regular season play, coaches may decide the level of advice appropriate for their players.
Coaches may advise their players in post season play only between the green and next tee without holding up play.
Players can take no longer than 40 seconds to hit a shot. Violators should be warned and educated.
Assist all players with pace of play.
- A school may have an Assistant Coach if the Head Coach is coaching both a Boys and Girls program. This person must be on file with the TMSGA.
- Individual participants may receive advice from the coach approved by their school's principal.
Coaching Dos and Don'ts During TMSGA Play
- Communicate any schedule changes to your players, opposing team's golf coaches, and host golf course.
- Develop a positive, working relationship with the host golf course.
- Be visible at your team's matches.
- Give advice to your players when necessary (Note: Only one coach can give advice for each team during a match).
- Encourage your golfers.
- Make sure participants are hydrated.
- Assist with maintaining a positive pace of play.
- Assist with rulings.
- Enforce TMSGA spectator guidelines.
- Follow all TMSGA match guidelines.
- Contact the TMSGA/Jr. Golf office if you have any questions. 615.790.3336
- Only follow one player/group the entire match.
- Give advice to players on another team or players representing another school as an individual.
- Play more than five boys from your roster in a boys match without speaking to the golf facility (course may not have available tee times).
- Play more than three girls from your roster in a girls match without speaking to the golf facility (course may not have available tee times).